Torre de Cristal, Pº de la Castellana, 259C
T.: +34 933 808 255
T.: +34 917 816 160
ECIJA is a Top 10 Law Firm in the Spanish market. Founded in 1997 with a focus on TMT and IP, the firm has grown since to accord to the needs of its clients and is now a full service Firm with presence in all areas of law and sectors.
ECIJA is comprised of a team of first class lawyers with outstanding experience and broadly international in scope. It is lauded for service, quality and client satisfaction.
While ECIJA is a full-service firm and provides a range of legal services, we offer distinctive specialization in some areas linked to the most developed sectors of industry: ECIJA is the Spanish reference in Technology, Media and Telecoms, IP and Pharmaceutical Law. The firm offers a practical and business-like perspective and prides itself on providing the most cost effective advice to clients. ECIJA keeps offices in Barcelona and Madrid, and collaborates in all EU jurisdictions.
Our team of lawyers is multilingual and able to work and advise in any of the following languages: Spanish, Catalan, English, French, Italian, Dutch and German. Official translations are also provided. In addition, many of our lawyers are certified to practice in foreign jurisdictions, including the United Kingdom, Switzerland Italy and The Netherlands. Others have extensive international experience through their work in leading law firms both in Europe and in The United States.
Our client base is comprised of international and domestic companies operating in the main industrial and commercial sectors. While corporate clients are the majority, ECIJA maintains an extensive private client portfolio, with an emphasis on expatriate related legal work. The firm’s personal loyalty to individual clients is particularly satisfying to its lawyers and is a distinction that has been much marked in the press. Our Firm is one of the founding members and a strong promoter of World IT Lawyers.
We provide our clients tax and legal advice regarding Information Technologies, e- Business, Digital Platforms and Internet.
We have more than ten years of experience in providing:
- Auditing and Consulting Services related to Data Protection Projects
- Analysis and management of legal risks in projects of IT, Technologies and e-Businesses, as well as in the area of Privacy and Data Protection
- Legal advice for telecommunication companies, multi-media companies and Internet Service Providers, e-Commerce, Digital Marketing, Domain names
- Intellectual Property Rights regarding Digital Platforms, and Security Systems
- Internet Contracts [Outsourcing, Licensing, Software Development, Hardware
- Distribution and maintenance, EDI (Electronic Data Interchange), hosting, housing, among others
Added value services
The Department of Information Technology at ECIJA advises national and international companies in relation to the legal setting up business models, software applications and Internet right from the design stage with the object to:
- Optimize a business model on the new electronic platforms and their development and smooth the functioning of the new projects to avoid last minute legal revisions
- Reduce legal risks to avoid committing offences and being penalized
- Increase the degree of transparency for web sites and electronic platforms and consequently increase customer satisfaction